Sunday, April 13, 2008

Garrett Lemire GP

I think I might have under estimated how fun this road thing can be. As always, the GLMGP was an awesome event all around. Awesome from a spectators standpoint because it is held on the mainest of mainstreet in Ojai, in a venue that is as scenic as can be. On the other hand, it is rad from a racers standpoint because of the bad ass course, strong fields, good announcing, etc.
My race went well; It was fairly uneventful aside from the finish. It is so nice to be able to race in a field in which I don't feel the obligation to be at the front driving the pace, as I did racing in the 3's. Last year (and basically every year previous to that) I was so fed up with the fields going so slow that I couldn't hold my self back, and I would just be on the attack nearly every minute of the race. I mean, that is what you are there to do, right? Race? Needless to say, my frustrations would just grow when, far more often than not, I'd get out sprinted, or just get swallowed up by a group as I was getting pulled in from a break right before the finish. I'm still buzzin' from my event's finish and watching some locals tear it up in the pro race.

I have a lack of images for this post, so I thought I'd share this gem.
Cheers,
Chance

2 comments:

Lyle said...

Haha... now I'm hungry for a burrito. Is that wrong?
Hey Chance, stumbled onto your blog. It's sweet, glad to know it's here.

Telefone VoIP said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.